About Me

I'm very fond of the absurd and think nobody does the absurd as well as the Almodovars. That segues into magical realism quite nicely. I love reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez telling how reading Kafka changed his life since he didn't know one was allowed to write about things like a man being changed into a giant bug. I love passion and nobody seems to do it better than Neruda - from his erotic poems to those about his passion for Latin America. I like a wide variety of music though certainly not everything. Most of the time I'll listen while I'm writing, cleaning house, reading, or sewing. I prefer to watch movies or TV while I knit or crochet. Maybe the first entry on my bucket list is to get a PhD. I would love to be able to teach contemporary world literature.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

continued


And I love that we didn’t decide to go until pretty much the last minute and left with hotel reservations and very little else. Until 70 miles outside of Las Vegas there were no event tickets. Then suddenly there were five free ones for pretty good seats that were delivered to the room shortly after we arrived. This is my preferred method of trip planning and execution though I know people who would die before even considering leaving town with so little in place.
 I still feel kinda bad for the guy who sat beside me. I’d never seen in-door pyrotechnics live, and the first several times they happened, I pretty much ended up in his lap. My aim did get better as the evening progressed.  Fantastic music including  performance by the awesome Shakira SO lovely as a blonde though we find her even more spectacular with dark hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment