About Me

I'm very fond of the absurd and think nobody does the absurd as well as the Almodovars. That segues into magical realism quite nicely. I love reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez telling how reading Kafka changed his life since he didn't know one was allowed to write about things like a man being changed into a giant bug. I love passion and nobody seems to do it better than Neruda - from his erotic poems to those about his passion for Latin America. I like a wide variety of music though certainly not everything. Most of the time I'll listen while I'm writing, cleaning house, reading, or sewing. I prefer to watch movies or TV while I knit or crochet. Maybe the first entry on my bucket list is to get a PhD. I would love to be able to teach contemporary world literature.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

continued

It was a fun and lovely drive even though for some incomprehensible reason I volunteered to be stuffed into the back seat of Angela’s car.   We went for the Latin Grammies, so it was great to be staying in the same place where the event was held.  And I love that we didn’t decide to go

No comments:

Post a Comment