About Me

I'm very fond of the absurd and think nobody does the absurd as well as the Almodovars. That segues into magical realism quite nicely. I love reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez telling how reading Kafka changed his life since he didn't know one was allowed to write about things like a man being changed into a giant bug. I love passion and nobody seems to do it better than Neruda - from his erotic poems to those about his passion for Latin America. I like a wide variety of music though certainly not everything. Most of the time I'll listen while I'm writing, cleaning house, reading, or sewing. I prefer to watch movies or TV while I knit or crochet. Maybe the first entry on my bucket list is to get a PhD. I would love to be able to teach contemporary world literature.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Is It Possible?

      Is it possible to have too many thoughts and ideas? I'm really starting to wonder. When Sandy first suggested I try blogging - well the first thought was really to wonder why I would do anything like that since it seemed that boring yet self impressed people wrote blogs that seemed like navel-contemplating drivel that nobody who wasn't as impressed with the blogger as the blogger was with her or himself could possibly be interested in. I have a feeling I just wrote a grammatical nightmare. I think I might be afraid to look. Anyway, back to the question at hand. It does have to do with when I started writing this. I thought it be about textile-related things, and I've hardly mentioned them. The whole idea of windings was that it made me think of yarn being spun. It makes me think of writing as well - how words and thoughts wind themselves around each other and turn into sentences (sometimes incredibly lovely ones) that tell stories - fiction or non-fiction ones. Gosh, that's a gorgeous image.
      Gees. This question is turning out to be a slippery thing. The reason I'm wondering about it is because I seem to have too many. They stop me from writing this. I don't think they'd stop me from writing a big project that required more discipline, but I dropped my serious project after my computer ate six to eight hours of research on a book I still hope to write. I haven't quite been able to make myself get back over to Western to start on that six or eight hours of research again. But, I have so many Ideas I'd like to explore, just for myself, through this medium. I even wrote some of them down, but I don't seem even to get back to them. I seem to become fascinated with a new idea to the point of near paralysis. Do I hear somebody suggesting that there's a diagnosis and a prescription that goes with that? Probably. I haven't even thought about how to write about the trip to California to help Angela with her dissertation. Actually, that's not true. I wrote some pages with a pen on paper, but I didn't even get a good part of it down that way.
      None of this is anywhere near any kind of big problem, but it seems to annoy me and keep me from getting much writing done.

No comments:

Post a Comment