About Me

I'm very fond of the absurd and think nobody does the absurd as well as the Almodovars. That segues into magical realism quite nicely. I love reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez telling how reading Kafka changed his life since he didn't know one was allowed to write about things like a man being changed into a giant bug. I love passion and nobody seems to do it better than Neruda - from his erotic poems to those about his passion for Latin America. I like a wide variety of music though certainly not everything. Most of the time I'll listen while I'm writing, cleaning house, reading, or sewing. I prefer to watch movies or TV while I knit or crochet. Maybe the first entry on my bucket list is to get a PhD. I would love to be able to teach contemporary world literature.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

       From Sandy, My friend:

 

Giveaway: Pay It Forward

Pay It Forward Blog Game

Okay, here are the rules:

  1. I  will make a little something for the first 3 people that comment on this post. It will be a surprise and you will not know when it will arrive.

  2. I will have 365 days to get this surprise to you. The catch? To get a goodie from me you must play along too! Share the giving love on your blog by promising to send a handmade goody to the first three people comment on your blog post.

  3. You must therefore have a blog!

  4. After commenting on my post, you have to go post this on your blog.

     

    Come play with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment